Who can take this course?
Any licensed professional can take the course. If you do not have a mental health license, contact a Portrait Health Academy Representative to learn how you can take this course and administer psychological testing under the direction of a Portrait Health Psychologist.
What is Test Administration?
Psychological testing is made up of three parts:
- Administration – giving the test
- Scoring – grading or evaluating the test
- Reporting and Interpretation – Reporting results to the patient or others
Who can administer psychological tests?
In some states, anyone with a license can administer psychological tests. In all states, anyone properly trained and under the direction of a Psy.D or Ph.D can administer psychological tests. If your state requires supervision for you to administer testing, the Portrait Health Testing Team can provide this supervision.
How do I choose tests for my clients and patients?
This course will teach you the purpose of each test and how to select tests for individual patients based on age and the questions you wish to answer. If you ever have questions regarding test selection, your Portrait Health Testing Implementation Specialist can help you select just the right tests for your patient.
Who do I call or email for help?
Your Portrait Health Testing Implementation Specialist has all the answers.
- For test selection questions, your Portrait Health Testing Implementation Specialist can provide the help you need.
- For billing and insurance questions, your Portrait Health Testing Implementation Specialist will help you get answers from the Portrait Health Billing and Insurance Group.
- For help understanding a patient’s test report, your Portrait Health Testing Implementation Specialist will arrange for you to speak with the doctor who wrote the report to make sure you fully understand the test results and any recommendations
Yes. A signed certificate will be sent to you by the Course CEU Sponsor.
Will I get documentation that I completed the course?
Yes. A certificate identifying you as a Certified Level 1 Testing Administrator will be provided and will be suitable for framing.
Will my employer pay for this course?
Your employer may provide tuition reimbursement for:
- Courses offering CEU credits
- Courses which enhance an employee’s skill levels
Will this course and certification qualify me for a raise or promotion?
This depends on your employer, but individuals taking this course have reported successfully getting both promotions and raises
What if I have questions before enrolling in the course?
Contact a Portrait Health Academy Representative through the tab at the top of this page.
How do I get paid for testing my patients?
Your Portrait Health Testing Implementation Specialist can answer any specific questions about insurance, co-pays and other billing questions.
Will Portrait Health help me bill my patient or insurance?
Yes. Portrait Health is in-network with most insurance companies and can answer any questions you might have regarding billing for testing services or even handle the billing for you. If you have general billing or insurance questions, please contact Portrait Health's Practice Management Team at (847) 232-4057 or click here for assistance.
Is there another course on Psychological Testing available in this series?
Yes. Watch for the announcement of the Level 2 Test Administration Course or contact a Portrait Health Academy Representative for more information.